On Wendsday I went in to get my third shot from the Hep B series (I think) that I started atleast three years ago. While I was in the doctors office they said, "hey lets just make sure you are all caught up on the rest of your shots." Oh goodie, I thought to myself as they are telling me that I needed to be updated on my tetanus. Fine whatever, I never thought I was a big baby about getting shots. I used to donate blood, for pete's sake. The nurse tells me that it might be sore. Fine whatever, and we talked about which arm to put it in. We decided to put it in my right arm, since that is my main arm, so that it would be used more and hopefully it would not get stiff and make the pain worse.

Two days later....I am still in pain! I can not sleep on it, I can not raise it more than 45 degress, I can hardly type on the computer. Everytime I move it, it hurts. I had no idea that when she said it was going to be sore that she meant for days and days and days.

My thought on the whole thing is to not get a tetanus shot unless you need one. You will already be in pain so you will not feel the pain of the tetanus shot!

1 comments:

    On December 14, 2007 at 7:20 PM Anonymous said...

    I got a tetanus shot, too, about a year ago. Same problem! My arm hurt like a bitch for quite awhile!