On Friday I got word that my grandfather was in the hosptial in ICU and that they were going to remove him from the ventilator. While on the six hour drive, I was reminscing about the stuff from my childhood that included my grandparents. The thing that stuck out in my mind the most was of this lamp that my grandparents had. All I could remember was that it seemed to have water water down in streams and a naked lady in the middle of it. My mother informed me, that the water was actually vegetable oil that ran down these thin wires and when you turned the light on the oil lit up.

Threw one of my previous post, you know that I tend to get a little obsessed with looking for thing on the internet, so I FINALLY found a piture of the lamp.



I might be mistaken if this is the exact lamp, because I do not really remember it hanging up and I thought it was bigger and was sitting on the floor. I also thought that the lady in the middle has a different pose. So maybe I can search a little longer for a picture of the lamp that is in my head.

At the mini family reunion, I had found out that my Unlce Tracy had actually bought my grandparent this lamp, in 1976 at the Country Store for $107. That is a lot of money, even NOW!

2 comments:

    On November 15, 2007 at 5:32 AM Anonymous said...

    Nice lamp.....fits any decor.

    I also know where you can get a great machine for designing your own sweatshirts.

    Grandpa was excited to see you all.

    loveDad

     

    Your blog looks great Megan. Good to see ya back!!